Thursday, April 13, 2006

Print Resources for Teaching New Media

Print Resources for Teaching New Media

Another useful tool for teaching Composition students about online discourse communities and New Media are good, old-fashioned books! I typically assign my Writing students at least a couple of readings about the web as a medium, including Marshall McLuhan's famous essay, "The Medium is the Message," and I have also found some good essays in the excellent anthology The New Media Book edited by Dan Harries. I will present on this topic at greater length at the May 12 Summit, but in the meanwhile I welcome input from you about good articles (be they printed or electronic) that can be used for teaching undergraduates about new media concepts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home